Select Page
ARCSOLIS APP

Case Study & Process

 

Disclaimer: this exercise is a reworked response to a design test. I did not create the concept, logos, or copy.

 

TARGET AUDIENCE

◆    Health Professionals: doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc.

◆    Buyers

 

BRIEF

Arcsolis, an imaginary client, is looking to present and communicate the value of their new drug, Capacitrix, to their clients with our interactive app.

 

1 //     RESEARCH, GOALS & CHALLENGES

To address any of our client’s issues I try to ask myself questions and gather external opinions on the issue(s) to reach a deeper understanding of the client’s problems, goals, and motives. This helps me to gain more knowledge and insight into the project and then develop a clearer understanding of what is being presented and the challenges that I am looking to overcome. Throughout my process, I take into heavy consideration the user research, the personas, the user stories, user flows, and user journeys.

Define the structure, aesthetics, and feel of an app that will allow sales representatives to input data and display the product’s true value to their clients. Implementing the client’s contents within the screen restraints to effectively connect important points and information.

Instantly picking up an unfamiliar subject and effectively organizing the content proved to be quite a challenge. Thorough research on the subject helped me to organize the content and prioritize the information that emphasizes the key value of the product.

According to the World Health Organization, pharmaceutical companies are prioritizing their focus on increasing public awareness to seek support, incentives, and funding for the fight against antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

 

2 //     USER & PERSONAS

Identifying users and personas help me to connect on a personal level and understand the behaviors, motivations, and emotions of the users.

I wanted to keep a clean and professional design allowing the content to stand out without presenting too many distracting elements. I minimized the visuals and kept a simple iconography system to help engage the viewer or as an aid in navigation.

My client, Arcsolis, is trying to connect with health professionals and potential buyers to present Capacitrix as a more valuable product against CABP. On a larger scale, the persona also includes scientists, politicians, health professionals, and the general public, but for this project, I will keep it strictly for health professionals and potential buyers.

 

3 //    ORGANIZING CONTENT

During this step, I proofread the text and fix any minor mistakes found in the content. I broke down the pages into categories: situation, effects, treatment & benefits, budget & impact.

By using my research to understand the language, I went back into the copy to make sure there were no errors. I was able to pick out which part of the information should receive more emphasis than the rest and implemented it into my design and layout.

PAGE 1: BACKGROUND (addresses the SITUATION)

PAGE 2: THERE IS A GROWING NEED IN THE COMMUNITY ACQUIRED BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA TREATMENT MARKET (mentions the why it matters and the EFFECTS)

I noticed an error in the name and corrected it. On this page, I broke up the sentence to visually highlight the statistics. In practice, I would not make changes unless permitted to, however since I understood that I have creative freedom and the client’s message was not lost, I decided to change it here. Normally, concise content is deemed more effective at retaining the information that is being shared.

PAGE 3: CAPACITRIX IS A NEW MACROLIDE FOR THE TREATMENT OF COMMUNITY ACQUIRED BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA (TREATMENT & BENEFITS)

I noticed an error in the name and corrected it.

PAGE 4: BUDGET IMPACT MODEL (BUDGETS AND IMPACT)

I want to keep the population, proportion of population, and annual incidence to be fixed on the page for sales representatives to gain easy access. The slideshow allows for easy navigation without the need for an additional page. I reorganized the slides to present the value of the product and the savings as the first slide.

 

4 //    BLOCK DIAGRAM

It was important that I could communicate the features with a developer or a client with the diagram.

I added short comments to clearly illustrate the functionality and the user’s journey.

 

5 //    WIREFRAMES

Alternating between a two-column and a three-column grid layout maintains a layout consistency and flexibility to fit all of the copy. The design clearly presents the values of the product through hierarchy, iconography, and user focus.

 

6 //    HIGH-FIDELITY PROTOTYPE

Based on the company’s design guidelines, the app had a minimalistic aesthetic, design system, and functional iconography to clearly communicate the client’s message.

Sales representatives can input new information using a scrolling picker control to immediately update data on the Budget Impact Model page.

 

 

 

I'd love to hear from you!

© Emma Tran, 2018. All Rights Reserved.